Go on, You can ask the question – What is an online business?
This question has been asked by millions, before starting an online business of some form. So you’re not alone, I’m going to guide you through this process, so that you will truly understand and get your answers to the question(s) that you’re searching for, ‘what is an online business?’. So lets, begin…
An online business is not that much different from the traditional business/company you see around you.
In a nutshell in a traditional business, you’d do the following:
- You purchase a store
- Decide what to sell – products/services
- Plan your store and set it up
- Market your products (advertising)
- Get the buyers/customers
- Sell the products/services
- Earn big dosh!
For an online business, lets see how different it is:
- Purchasing a domain name for your website (website address)
- Decide what to sell – products/services
- Design and create your website
- Market your products (advertising) – via SEO (Google), Social networks, like Facebook
- Get the buyers/customers to your website – we call them traffic
- Sell the products/services OR give some sort of VALUE to your visitors (FREEBIES)
- Earn big dosh!
So, you can see it isn’t much different at all, but the tools used for an online business are different. I’m going to now very briefly tell you a little bit more about the tools required for the above bullet points:
1. Purchasing a domain name for a website
You have to buy a website address, which we call a domain (it’s like you deciding on the name of your store). Domains can be bought from websites like Godaddy…
BUT I WILL TELL YOU AND RECOMMEND A COMPANY FURTHER DOWN, WHERE YOU CAN GET NOT ONE BUT TWO DOMAINS FOR FREE
2. Decide what to sell – products/services
This is exactly the same as the traditional way – you decide what you want to sell and offer to your customers.
3. Design and create your website
This is where, you might be thinking, I won’t be able to do that, it’s for the professionals, BUT STOP and relax for a moment. Time has moved on so much that ANYONE, can create a website, you don’t need any previous skills at all. I setup our website in 30 seconds, click here to read the full post. Everything has been made so easy and simple for anyone to quickly create a website with just some simple clicks.
Once upon a time, yes, it was very daunting and it was only for the experts, but those days are over and long gone. I hope your smiling now and getting your confidence level up, because you should be. If you don’t, then this is where your journey of being an online business owner may end!
4. Market your products (advertising) – via SEO (Google), Social networks, like Facebook
Now it’s time to promote your products and services – you can do this on social media sites (Facebook, Instagram, Tweeter, Google+, etc) and on search engines (Google, Yahoo and Bing).
IF YOU DON’T USE ANY OF THESE, DON’T WORRY, AS I’LL RECOMMEND A COURSE FURTHER DOWN, WHERE YOU CAN LEARN ALL THIS FOR FREE AT YOUR OWN PACE – so please bear with me.
5. Get the buyers/customers to your website – we call them traffic
Once you have done your free advertising, you simply wait for your customers or visitors to come on your website and have a browse and purchase a product or service they like, you can even offer something for free.
6. Sell the products/services OR give some sort of VALUE to your visitors (FREEBIES)
Just like the traditional way, you would sell your products/services. But the main focus will be to be giving something of VALUE to your visitor, whether it’s a product, service or even a FREEBIE because you want that visitor to come back and also tell others.
7. Earn big dosh!
As a result of the online transaction you will be making big dosh, and I MEAN BIG DOSH, even when your asleep. We call this passive income. You will sleep, but your website will not, it’ll always be trading. Also, your customers from all over the world, some will be sleeping while others from other countries will be awake and coming to your website. THE POTENTIAL MONEY MAKING IS HUGE!
Earlier, I mentioned a few times, that I would be recommending a website or company where you can get 2 FREE WEBSITES and also learn all about creating to advertising your website and making good money. The company is called…
For this please click here to read our full review on Wealthy Affiliate and you will understand what I mean. But before you click here please do carry on reading the rest of this post.
Four popular online business ideas – which one will you choose?
Here are 4 of the most popular types of Online Businesses you can start without prior knowledge because you will get the education for it for – YOU CHOOSE HOW MUCH TO LEARN AT YOUR OWN PACE FROM YOUR HOME.
- Affiliate Marketing – This is the most popular type and it’s the easiest form of business to start and make money. You will be selling products for other websites/companies by writing a review/post/blog on your website and direct your readers to that site through a special link that tacks, that the customer was sent from your website. You then earn a commission, which could be anything up to 90% depending on what the product is. Almost every company offers an affiliate program, such as Amazon, EBay, Wealthy Affiliate etc.
- Review Sites – This is where you get to review new products and services of big brands and earn a fixed amount. The amount could be anything from $20 to $300 plus, it all depends on the product you’re reviewing and how much traffic is coming to your site.
- Designing and Developing Websites – This where you design and create a website for somebody else and charge them however much you want. In the past this was a difficult task, but nowadays even my 5 year old niece can create a website, that’s how easy it has become.
- Blog – This is where you write your own content and publish it. However, you will need a strong and big fan club before they are going to be your traffic (customers), following everything you blog about.
I want to focus more on Affiliate marketing, as this has taken the internet like a storm and people are making a lot of money using this business model.
Have you heard of Affiliate Marketing? If not please read our post here about affiliate marketing, you will be enlightened and on your way to starting a successful online business.
Please leave a comment, question or something I’ve missed in the comments box below, and one of us will get back to you asap.
All the best
Habib and Rani